Permits & Inspections

Submitting Permits
Electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits can be completed and submitted on-line by homeowners and licensed contractors OR mailed to the Office of Building. These permits are not to be used for any type of structural change, i.e. decks, sheds, roofs, additions, pools, etc. A building permit is needed for these types of changes, which CANNOT be obtained online.
At this time all other forms & permits must be printed and submitted to:

City of Sterling Heights
Office of Building 
40555 Utica Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48313

Adobe Acrobat Reader
To download and print forms or permits, install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
  1. Permit Applications
  2. On-Line Permits 
  3. Schedule Inspections
  4. How To Brochures