Refuse disposal tips for odds and ends


Rules for disposal of bulky & other refuse:

Refuse which cannot be placed in containers MUST BE tied and bundled or duct taped in lengths not exceeding four feet and weighing less than 50 pounds.  Remove all nails, screws and protruding objects.

Medical Syringes:

Sharp needles cannot be disposed of unless contained in heavy containers (such as plastic liquid detergent bottles or metal coffee cans). Please close cap tightly and seal with duct tape. 

White Goods/Appliances Disposal:

Large appliances should be placed with regular refuse.  The law requires that doors be removed on any refrigerator or freezer in order to protect children.  A separate truck will pick up the white goods on your scheduled collection day for recycling. 

Cans of Latex Paint:

Dispose of paint with refuse by mixing in sand, cat litter or other absorbent (speedy dry) and let it air dry.  Once dried, place with lid off with regular refuse.  No paint in liquid form will be collected.

Yard Waste

Separate Yard Waste Curbside Collection Requirements:

Place yard waste into an acceptable 32-gallon trash can marked with an official Yard Waste decal or use yard waste paper bags (which do not require a Yard Waste decal). Not to exceed weight limits. 

Place yard waste at the curb (not in the street) for pick-up on your regular trash day prior to 7 a.m.

Yard waste should be set several feet away or on the opposite side of the driveway from regular trash to distinguish it for separate collection.

Do not mix yard waste in any containers containing regular refuse. Yard waste in improper containers will not be collected. 

Branches under 4 foot in length, under 2 inches in diameter can be bundled and tied with twine, not to exceed 50 pounds can be put with yard waste collection. 

Yard waste accepted at your curb are:

  • Grass clippings and leaves
  • Flowers and other "soft" material
  • Branches/brush less that four feet long, securely tied up and bundled (no roots).


  • SOD, DIRT, LARGE STUMPS, SAND, GRAVEL, ANIMAL FECES, DEAD ANIMALS (dead animals-call Animal Control for pick up).