How do I request items?
The quickest and easiest way is to place a hold online. Log into our online catalog with your library card number and PIN to get started. You may also call the library during normal business hours at (586) 446-2665.
You will receive notification that your items are ready by either phone, email, or text depending on the notification method selected in your library account. Please allow at least 24 hours for your requests to be processed.
What if I don’t have a library card?
Sterling Heights residents may apply for a library card online. Residents may also apply for a card at the library's checkout desk.
Can we request items from other libraries?
Yes, you can request items from the Suburban Library Cooperative shared catalog and through MeLCat.
How do I pick up my requested items?
Once your holds arrive, follow these steps:
- Drive up to the library.
- Pull up to one of two parking spaces in front of the library with a "Curbside Pick-up" sign.
- Call (586) 446-2665 to speak to our staff.
- Open your trunk or rear passenger window so our staff may drop off your items without direct contact.
To observe social distancing and safety precautions, we suggest wearing a mask even though you are in your car. For your protection and ours, library staff will also be wearing masks.
How do I return library items?
Every item except SMART bags may be dropped off in one of two locations:
- The drive-up book return in front of the library.
- The book return on the wall to the right of the library’s main entrance.
SMART bags should be returned to staff at our entrance during normal business hours.
Are you disinfecting books and/or other items?
We are no longer quarantining materials before they enter circulation again.