City of Sterling Heights set to award small businesses in Sterling Heights with grants up to $10,000.
The city of Sterling Heights invites all interested and eligible small businesses, with 500 or fewer employees based in the city of Sterling Heights, to apply for CARES Act CDBG-CV funding to assist in the preparation, prevention and response to the coronavirus pandemic.
With this funding, the City intends to provide short-term working capital assistance to enable an eligible small business to retain jobs held by low to moderate income persons. The award amount per business will not exceed $10,000 and will be allocated on a merit basis.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Call: 586-446-2727
Grants are intended to provide funding to help eligible small businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic pay for the following regularly occurring or one time COVID related costs, provided that they retain or create jobs held by individuals with low-moderate income:
- Payroll for employees
- Purchase of materials or equipment needed to adapt business spaces and activities to comply with applicable CDC and social distancing guidelines related to the COVID pandemic
Grant recipient will be required to provide proof that the funds have been spent on the above approved uses as outlined in the applicant’s original application. If the grant recipient fails to provide such proof and/or uses the grant funds for any other purpose, the grant recipient may be required to repay the grant funds. Documentation must be kept for five years.
A company based in Sterling Heights that meets all the following requirements:
- Demonstrates a loss of revenues due to the COVID-19 pandemic or associated Executive Orders;
- Has 500 employees or less;
- Can provide documentation that at least 51% of full-time and part-time employees receive a pay rate of less than or equal to $44,000 per year.
2020 Income Limits
- To apply, you will need to create an online account through Submittable.
- You will receive confirmation and updates on your application status.
Required business information:
- Monthly expenses (payroll, rent/mortgage, utilities, inventory, etc.)
- Actual monthly revenue for February 2020 –January 31, 2021
- 2019 & 2020 Profit Loss Statements
To apply, please follow the steps below:
- Fill in all applicable fields of the application;
- Ensure that any required documentation has been uploaded;
Applications will be available online for a four week period. Additional rounds of funding may be necessary until all designated grant funds are disbursed or the city of Sterling Heights determines that grant funds are no longer necessary to mitigate the negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, the city of Sterling Heights will only fund direct costs. Direct Costs are those that have a direct and specific link to the eligible activity which can be readily identified. Applicants must be able to prove that CDBG-CV grant funds were used for the approved use.
All applications submitted will be reviewed by a third party and City staff. Initial screenings will determine business eligibility based on the above criteria and completeness of application.
Applications deemed eligible and complete will be scored by staff. Staff may choose to reach out to the applicant to request clarification or additional documentation as necessary.