Branch Chipping Request
About the ProgramThe Department of Public Works (DPW) offers a residential program year-round that provides Branch Chipping services performed by a qualified contractor at a competitive rate of $125 per half hour of service.
- Chipping will be done from 1 to 14 business days from the date of request. Limbs must be over 4 feet in length with the cut ends facing the street.
- Only tree branches longer than four feet and less than 6 inches in diameter will be chipped.
- There must not be any debris or roots mixed with the branches.
- Tree branches for chipping should be in a neat, uniform pile between the sidewalk and curb or close to the road where there are no sidewalks. All branches must be stacked with the butt ends of the branches facing the street. Due to the hazardous condition involved in the operation of the chipper, residents will be advised to re-stack branches if not stacked properly and chipping service will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Branches placed at the curbside for this program shall at no time obstruct any city sidewalk, or view of traffic.
- Branch Chipping Request Form
Tree branches placed in the right-of-way without payment of fee will be removed by City personnel after a 5-day notice. The property owner will be automatically invoiced $125.00 per half hour for Tree Branch Chipping services.
Payment & SchedulingThe minimum branch chipping fee is $125.00 per half hour paid directly to Wonsey Tree Service).
- Request for service can be obtained through the online Branch Chipping form. (click here) Once this form is completed a representative from Wonsey Tree service will contact you for payment and scheduling details.