Security SearchAll persons entering the 41A District Court are subject to a search of both their person and all belongings. A walk-through metal detector is in place and a physical inspection by security personnel of purses, handbags, briefcases and any items brought into the court building will be conducted.
Requirements for Entry The Court is scheduling a limited number of matters for in-person appearances. Persons who have a scheduled hearing will be allowed to enter the building after completing a health screening. Masks are required for entry into the building; masks will be supplied by the Court if requested. No additional persons or spectators will be allowed in the building to allow for enforcement of social distancing. Persons wanting to view the proceedings may do so on the Court's YouTube channels, listed under the tab "Virtual Court Hearings."
Parties entering the court building will check in at the main entrance and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- All persons will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer. Any person having a temperature greater than 99 degrees (F) will not be allowed to enter and will be given alternate accommodations.
- All persons must complete a Visitor Screening Form.
- Facemasks covering the mouth and nose are to be worn at all times in the courthouse. Persons who do not have a mask, refuse to wear a mask, or cannot tolerate a mask will not be allowed in the building and will be rescheduled with alternate accommodations.
- Persons are required to be socially distant and remain six feet from others.
- After the COVID screening, parties will undergo weapons screenings.
Security personnel have the discretion to confiscate any item, which may impose a threat to persons in the court building, including but not limited to:
- Box cutters, nail files / clippers, and razors
- Hair picks
- Needles of any type
- Self-defense devices (pepper spray, mace, tasers, etc.) or any type of chemical sprays
- Weapons of any kind (guns, knives of any size or type)