About the ProgramThe program's purpose is to provide experiences to help young people mature and become responsible and caring adults. Explorers are ready to explore the meaning of interdependence in their personal relationships.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. Local community organizations initiate a specific Explorer post by matching their people and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. The result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, and develop.
To find out more information about Police Explorers, contact Sergeant Susalla at email@example.com.
EligibilityThe Exploring Learning for Life career education program is for young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) or 15 through 20 years old.
Areas of EmphasisExplorer posts can specialize in a variety of career skills. Exploring programs are based upon 5 areas of emphasis:
- Career opportunities
- Character education
- Leadership experience
- Life skills
- Community Service (park at Sterling Fest and various other festivals in the area, Bike Safety Rodeos and Adopt A Roadway)
- Decoy program
- Gun Range training
- Other fun events include Whirlyball, volleyball, and a Christmas Party
- Ride-along program
- Weekly classes involving hands on training including traffic stops and defensive tactics
- Yearly Boot Camp is required one time, 18 months after signing up for the program
- Yearly State Competition (optional)
- 7 p.m.
- 1st 3 Thursdays of every month
- Police Department
40333 Dodge Park Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48313