All ages can join our prize-filled reading event from June 8 to August 8! Click here to see the details on this year’s virtual program.
- Library of Michigan Resource Center - the Library of Michigan has prepared a list of trusted sources about the corona virus along with resources for individuals, small businesses, and employers affected by the outbreak.
- Event Calendar - See upcoming events and—if necessary—register for live meetings.
- Library at Home - Check out our YoutTube playlist of past virtual events.
- NoveList - Search for read-alikes and fresh book titles based on genre, theme, tone, and more.
- Goodreads - An online resource to help you find your next great read.
- Fantastic Fiction - Another site dedicated to entertaining fiction.
- New York Times Best Sellers - See the most popular titles on the shelves
- Oprah’s Book Club - See Oprah’s suggestions and read alongside thousands of others.
Do Research Right
- Online Reference Sources - Get access to dozens of high-quality databases at with our free resources. If you’re at home, use your library card number or driver’s license number to sign in.
- Resume Help - Get live online assistance for job seekers from noon to midnight everyday with Tutor.com
- Contact Us - A librarian can help answer your questions.
Use Our Technology
- Computers & Tablets - The library has over 50 PCs, 10 laptops, and several iPads for you to use. Each computer has internet access and Microsoft Office. There is no cost to use the library’s computers if you have a library card. If you do not have your library card, you may request a 15-minute guest terminal, or ask for $4 all-day pass. These passes are available at the checkout desk.
- Wireless Internet - The Sterling Heights Public Library offers wireless Internet access throughout the facility. Users should choose the LibraryWiFi network, read and agree to the Acceptable Use Policy by clicking "Accept", and then they will be logged into the network.
- Printing - The library has two black-and-white copy machines/printers and one color copy machine/printer for patrons to use. Copies are $0.10/page for black-and-white copies/printouts and $1/page for color copies/printouts. The machines take $1 bills and coins.
- Faxing - The Sterling Heights Public Library has a fax machine. The cost for domestic faxes are $1.75 for the first page, and $1.00 for each additional page. International faxes are $3.95 for the first page, and $3.45 for each additional page. A debit or credit card is required to use this service.
- Scanning - The Library has two scanners on the second floor. There is no cost for this service. Documents and photos can be scanned and either emailed, printed, or put on a flash drive.
- Ann Marie Given International Language Collection - This circulating collection of fiction and non-fiction titles in various foreign languages is located on the library’s 2nd floor.
- Book Club Kits - We provide hand-held bags with ten books and a sheet with sample discussion questions. Each kit checks out for six weeks, giving your book club members ample time to finish the book. Ask for Book Club Kits at our checkout desk. Click here for a complete list of book club kits.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Collection - We offer books and audiovisual material for those learning English or taking citizenship exams. This collection is located on the 2nd floor near the international language collection.
- GoChip Beams - Small handheld devices that hold five feature films. Each GoChip can stream the videos to up to 8 devices. These great-for-vacation devices can be located at the end of the DVD collection.
- Oral History Collection - An archive of oral history audiotapes and transcriptions reflecting the history of Sterling Heights from rural times to its future as a municipality.
- S.M.A.R.T. Bags - A small collection of books, toys, and activities for young learners. Each bag has a theme and teaches children Science, Math, Art, Reading, and Technology. S.M.A.R.T.! You can find the bags in our Youth Services department.
- Wifi Hotspots - Access the web from anywhere. Each device is available for one-week checkouts. You can find the hotspots at the end of the DVD collection.