- Event Calendar - See upcoming events and—if necessary—register for live meetings.
- Library at Home - Check out our YoutTube playlist of past virtual events.
Virtual Board Book Library
Miss Carolyn has prepared a virtual board book library for our young patrons! Click here to visit our virtual library and see a selection of read-aloud videos for popular youth materials. Just click on each book to reveal the video link. Be sure to check back periodically to see new titles!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Early literacy has been proven to increase a child’s lifelong academic performance. Get on the right track by reading 1,000 books to your children before they begin kindergarten! Go to our Youth Services desk to pick up a booklet. For every 100 books that you’ve read to your child, you can pick up a small prize. Get an even larger prize once you’ve read all 1,000 books!
- NoveList - Search for read-alikes and fresh book titles based on genre, theme, tone, and more.
- Kids Book Series - A great tool for finding the great series for kids.
- Reading Rockets - A national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Common Sense Media - Find out for how age-appropriate any given book, movie, game, app, or website is considered by media experts, parents, and children.
- Award Winning Titles - Complete Lists
- Online Tutoring - Get free tutoring from a live, online instructor with Tutor.com.
- Student Resources - Get ahead in academics with these fine resources. See general resources as well as listings organized by education level.
Checkout a small collection of books, toys, and activities for young learners. Each bag has a theme and teaches children Science, Math, Art, Reading, and Technology. S.M.A.R.T.! Ask for the bags in our Youth Services department.