All ages can join our prize-filled reading event from June 8 to August 8! Click here to see the details on this year’s virtual program.
- Event Calendar - See upcoming events and—if necessary—register for live meetings.
- Library at Home - Check out our YoutTube playlist of past virtual events.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Early literacy has been proven to increase a child’s lifelong academic performance. Get on the right track by reading 1,000 books to your children before they begin kindergarten! Go to our Youth Services desk to pick up a booklet. For every 100 books that you’ve read to your child, you can pick up a small prize. Get an even larger prize once you’ve read all 1,000 books!
- NoveList - Search for read-alikes and fresh book titles based on genre, theme, tone, and more.
- Kids Book Series - A great tool for finding the great series for kids.
- Reading Rockets - A national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Common Sense Media - Find out for how age-appropriate any given book, movie, game, app, or website is considered by media experts, parents, and children.
- Award Winning Titles - Complete Lists
- Online Tutoring - Get free tutoring from a live, online instructor with Tutor.com.
- Student Resources - Get homework help from various sources.
- Online Reference Sources - Gain access to several free databases for all your research needs.
Checkout a small collection of books, toys, and activities for young learners. Each bag has a theme and teaches children Science, Math, Art, Reading, and Technology. S.M.A.R.T.! Ask for the bags in our Youth Services department.