Mission & Values
The Sterling Heights Library serves as an information center for our community, offering a wide variety of materials and services for education, entertainment, and enrichment in a welcoming and helpful environment.
- To seek partnerships within the City and community organizations to promote awareness of library services and to explore opportunities for cooperative initiatives
- To provide library materials that meet the needs of our diverse community
- To improve access to the Internet and other electronic resources for information, lifelong learning, and leisure
- To provide an attractive, welcoming and functional library environment
- To promote and enhance skills in children through programs, outreach, and collections
- To support library staff as a key component in providing outstanding library service
- User satisfaction is important. It is realized through friendly, accurate, and timely service.
- The library will provide information, collections, and services which deliver the maximum value to residents within the framework of available financial resources.
- Technology and networking will be evaluated and implemented to provide enhanced and cost-effective service.
- Staff will be given the training, authority and autonomy to make effective decisions to ensure quality public service.
- The library will support each individual's right to access information without bias or discrimination.
For More Information
For more information about the library, check out the Library Brochure (PDF).