Current Endowment FundsHere is a list of the Permanent Endowment Funds currently held by the Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation:
- BAE Systems STEM Scholarship Endowment
- Clinton River Trail System Endowment
- Community Arts Endowment
- Community Foundation General Endowment
- Doebler Family Library Children’s Programs Fund
- Doebler Family Rotary Park Maintenance Fund
- Dr. Martin Brown Endowment for Children with Special Needs
- Donna Bozymowski Endowment for Children with Autism & Special Needs
- Ford Motor Company Veterans Day Endowment
- Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #118 Imus Park Endowment
- Friends of the Sterling Heights Public Library Fund Endowment
- General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Scholarship Endowment
- Ronald Himmler Science Scholarship Endowment
- Karl G. Oskoian Endowment for the Arts & Culture
- Lil Adams Memorial Endowment to benefit Turning Point
- Macomb County Chiropractic Association Endowment for Children with Autism
- Mark A. Hackel Junior Leadership Macomb Endowment
- Mayor Richard J. Notte Public Service Scholarship Endowment
- Martin Luther King Scholarship Endowment
- Michael S. Lazzara Endowment for Sterling Heights Youth Football
- Marling Beautification Endowment
- Professional Public Management Education Endowment
- Quality of Life Endowment
- Barbara W. Rossmann Sterling Heights Parks and Recreation Endowment
- Ruby and Mark Pasik Endowment for the Sterling Heights Dog Park
- Selfridge ANG/Base Community Council College Scholarship Endowment
- Sterling Heights Rotary Club Parks Endowment
- Tom Kroll Scholarship Endowment
- Wujek Calcaterra and Sons Scholarship Endowment
We also offer a “Build a Legacy” program where an individual may contribute $1,000 per year for five years to build a new Permanent Endowment Fund which is formally established once the $5,000 minimum threshold is achieved. The funds are invested in the interim, along with other Foundation funds, to help build the new Permanent Endowment. Incomplete funds will benefit the Foundation’s General Endowment.
All Permanent Endowment Funds are perpetual, in accordance with the I.R.S. 501 (c ) (3) rules which the Foundation abides by. The principal of each Fund is never touched and only the earnings of any of the Permanent Endowment Funds are contributed to each named cause. The Funds are established to benefit the causes dear to each donor in the name of their choosing forever.
Endowment Fund ProgramPrograms and services are too often measured by who benefits today. Truly innovative and successful programs and services that sustain success for future generations will be viewed as a milestone of greatness. This is your opportunity with the Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation.
Donations & InvestorsThe Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation recognizes that today’s philanthropists are donors and investors who seek to make their giving as uncomplicated and effective as possible. Giving in partnership with the Foundation’s Endowment Fund Program offers simplicity, flexibility and maximum tax advantages for funds contributed while meeting community needs.
The Foundation welcomes contributions and bequests of any amount. Gifts may be made during one's lifetime, or as a gift through a bequest or trust. Besides the impact to the community, your gift to the Foundation offers numerous benefits including perpetuity, tax advantages, flexibility and professional management.
- The Community Foundation accepts many different types of gifts, including:
- Appreciated securities
- Bequests Cash Checks
- Charitable trusts
- Donor Advised Funds
- Insurance policies
- Real estate
You may give a gift directly supporting one of the existing Endowment Funds or you may start your own Endowment Fund to meet your specific goals and interests. Endowment Funds are permanent funds where only the earnings are used for future grant distribution. The principal is held in perpetuity and is invested for growth.
All gifts benefit our community and are accorded the maximum advantage by the IRS. The Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) corporation.
To make a donation or for more information, please contact the Community Foundation at 586-446-2470.