The City of Sterling Heights Arts Commission invites residents to submit their favorite photos for a new monthly Photo Contest. Each month, the contest will have a new theme.
All photos will be posted on the City's Facebook page, and the photo with the most 'likes' will earn the photographer a $25 gift card. Winning photos will be shared on the City's social media outlets.
The Photo Contest’s first theme will be Halloween/Autumn Harvest. Submissions are due Monday, November 25, 2019. Entries should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Photo Contest.
By entering the Photo Contest, entrant agrees to the following conditions:
- Photographers must be 18 years or older at the time of submission of the photograph.
- The Photographer of the photo with the most 'likes' will receive a $25 gift card.
- Entries must be a current photograph taken in Sterling Heights, within the last 30 days of the contest entry date.
- Photographs must not contain any vulgarity, nudity, alcohol, drugs, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate materials will be disqualified. The City reserves the right to disqualify any entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
- By entering, you agree you are the sole owner and author of the copyrights for all photographs and agree to indemnify and hold the City harmless from damages that may arise from unauthorized use or publication of likenesses, individuals, and/or copyright infringement by a third party.
- The entrant must be a current resident of Sterling Heights.
- The Photographer agrees the City shall have the exclusive right to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, and reproduce the Photograph on its website and on promotional posters, or other printed materials, which may be distributed at no charge by the City of Sterling Heights.
- Participation in the Photo Contest constitutes permission for City of Sterling Heights to use Photographer’s name for publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Deadlines for submissions and voting will be set for each contest. Winners will be notified via e-mail.